Monday, October 1, 2018

Wherein Landen Likes to Feel Pressured!

October 1, 2018

Cute talk from Emerson! General Conference seems exciting! First women's session with Nelson as president would be fun and full of changes. It'll be cool to see what new news the Lord has for the Relief society! 

    The storms haven't been doing anything at all really. Just some rain falls that make it scary to drive on the roads since they already don't have any street lights.  But other than that we've been super calm out here. I did get the package this last week!  Thank you so much for everything!  The candy was yummy; the drawings looked just like me (lolol); the shirt fits just right; and the book has so far been super interesting. I leave the mission in just a little over 6 months and the thought makes my head spin. This time has been flying by crazy fast!!!

      This last week went pretty well, I forgot to take any pictures, but I promise that I was still smiling most of the week!  There was some sad stuff: Jose didn't pass his baptismal interview.  He had a q-4 problem (that Maelynn could tell you about what that is).  Basically he just still has some stuff to repent of before he can be baptized, so the Mission president is working on that with him. He still came to church though and is wanting to grow closer to God through this experience rather than getting embarrassed by what happened and falling away, so that's good!! 

     The other people we are teaching are doing mostly well, one of them has been feeling really pressured by us to read the book of Mormon recently, which I don't really understand.  But we are going to do our best to help him to understand this truth without feeling pressured I guess.  But maybe sometimes spiritual pressure is necessary. That is definitely something I hope I always have and feel. Everyday in the mission I feel a spiritual pressure to do better, to repent of my mistakes and to help others with more love and virtue. This pressure has helped my to do just that: to grow, to love, to learn and to improve.  Which is why I hope that even after my mission I receive pressure, whether from callings or friends or family or leaders or whoever - to do what's right and endure to the end. Pressure to do good is positive and should be used, not opposed.  Pressure to do wrong is bad and should be rejected and disposed. (lol rhyming power, dropping some fire). 

     Idk if it makes a lot of sense to you guys but I just have been meditating on that recently with the fear we have been seeing in this son of God we are teaching.  Almost like a fear to do the right. Don't be afraid of doing the right, the right brings blessings, its doing the wrong that bites! (hehe)  But that's just what I've been thinking about, or in the words that Pres. Monson used: "Let us always to the harder right, instead of the easier wrong"  I hope that on this remaining time in my mission I can always do the harder right. And I hope and invite all of you to do the same as well. Never resist the pressure - pushing you towards the Light.

I love you all Fam Bam and Friends (but mostly you fam bam),

Elder Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment