Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Wherein Maelynn Makes a Dress!


April 10, 2017

      Well this week was actually kind of hard. just frustrating because I eel like after 3 months of living in Mexico I should be able to speak Spanish but alas, it is not so. The weather is getting mas fuerte. and this week is Semana Santa, which means everyone is on vacation, which means everyone is in Tepoztlán which means the streets are going to be wild, and we arent going to be able to find anyone in their houses. yayyay!  You know, every area has its difficulties, if ours is that - well its just such a cool place that everyone wants to be there, you know I think I can handle it :) 

     I keep forgetting that it's still cold in Idaho, because it's pretty dang hot here.  My fan broke, so it's kind of hard to sleep through the night - even just on top of my sheets and with no blanket.  The sun is getting stronger and stronger everyday as we make our way into the hot season here which is like April, May and June and July and, well it's pretty hot all the time!  Tepoztlán is probably one of the coolest places in the mission (in the mountains and such) and we're still over here dying of heat and getting fried and turning blonde. 

      We are trying to teach our class of niños "I am a child of God" haha. I think we are having more fun that they are :) 

    Proooof that I actually created something. Bam.  We made these dresses with only a little help from a member.  You should all be very very impressed!




     I'm learning to treat everyday in the mission as the great gift that it is because it honestly just goes so fast and I don't want to look back and regret a single thing. 
Love you and I'll see all of you in just a couple weeks!
 Hermana Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment