Hola,
I finish my training in 2 weeks! wowza
![]() |
| Our cool new Earings! |
![]() |
| (Pig Faces - because pork-k no?) |
Easter was good, but actually it was kind of an all week thing. Semana Santa is what the Catholics celebrate, which means all of Mexico celebrates it. Like friday they had a parade of sorts and they sing these songs and carry huge statues of Christ carrying His cross. Then saturday they don't really do anything special, but then Sunday is obviously the day of resureccion. I am not sure what they did on Sunday, but they all have 2 weeks of vacation from school and work, and so everyone comes to tepoz obvi, and well it was more nuts than carnaval!
But we also had our most successful week! We had divisions in our area which was super stressful to plan for because we had to plan 2 different schedules and it meant that I would have to speak purely in Spanish and take control in the lessons, which is difficult when you don't totally understand the people you're teaching, but honestly it actually turned out super well! I can understand alot and I can speak more than when I started, its a slow process, but its coming! Then we had our actividad de rescate in our area, so all the missionaries in our district came to Tepoz to visit less actives and contact people. And I think because of those 2 things, and just because we worked hard in our area (didn't have to go to Cuernavaca like we normally do), we had the most successful Sunday we've ever had by far! 6 investigators in church, plus a few menos activos that hadn't been to church in years! Milagros I'm telling you! The rama was pretty packed! (so probably like 45 or 50 people lol) and we had to speak. which was a little stressful, but it ended up working out. Then we taught our gospel principles class about Satan- haha I know a little weird, but we both read a talk in the liahona that we loved so we talked about it with them. (Look it up- it's called "The War Continues" by someone in the 70. Super interesting!)
Something super sad, Hermana Rosales, one of the Hermanas in Cuernavaca that we stay with every Monday, has been having knee problems, they got so bad that she went to the hospital and they gave her a huge brace and told her she needs to stay home for 2 or 3 weeks. Well it's like a mission rule that if you have to be in house for more than 10 days or something, you have to go home, so Presidente gave her a week to heal up or she has to go home. So we've been praying for her. It is super sad, but this actually happens to a ton of missionaries!
Our branch president made us hamburgers on Saturday, and they were sublime, I think that is a good word, actually I don't know what that word means exactly, but they were delicious!
So on Saturday I visited Sammy (on splits with a member) and invited him to a Baptism in Cuerna, and he straight up said that he didn't want to, which made me sad. Then he started talking about how he's never had a religion and he doesnt want to change so fast, and then he started talking about how he's been reading the Book of Mormon and praying and isn't feeling anything, which made me even sadder. Basically, it was a sad lesson. But he ended up coming to church the next day, and we gave him some homework to watch the conference talk by Elder Costa and to call us when he did. Well, he called us this morning and said he really liked it and asked when was the next date for a baptism, and we could not believe it! He said he's still not totally sure....but oh he's getting so close I can feel it!
This morning our district got together to make french toast - super yummy! We ate them with ice cream and strawberries. thats my kind of breakfast! Honestly don't be surprised if I come back looking a little different. the food here is just SOOO good!
I can't believe that the open house of the temple is soo soon! I cannot wait to be able to go through! I miss the temple just about as much as I thought I would, which is a lot!
Sounds like Boise was fun!
Can't wait to talk to you guys soon!
Lovvveee you!
![]() |
| ("My favorite color is light tan, my favorite animal is poopies. I like serving the Lord,...") |
P.S. Emerson, Guess what? I got to speak in church yesterday about Easter too! We are the same :)






No comments:
Post a Comment