Monday, April 3, 2017

Wherein Maelynn Ate Cow's Feet Tostadas!

April 3, 2017

     Clases de Ingles. Our classes have turned into puro niños, but its super fun!  And also, LOOK HOW BLONDE MY HAIR IS GETTING!  All the missionaries here think that my hair is blonde and I don't believe them, but actually I'm starting to believe them...



     Mom, about General Conference ... we definitely watched it in English! do you realize how much better it is to hear their actual voices and emotion rather than someone translating?  I can understand what they're talking about (in Spanish), but not well enough to really take notes and get a lot out of it, so yeah, English it is!  Also I love that you call me hijita :) 

     This conference was better than any conference that has ever been given, ever!  I just kept thinking, "Wow why is this one so much better than all the others? Why are they all talking directly to Hermana Bailey in Tepoztlán?  Then I realized that it's probably not the apostles talks that are changing but my...for lack of better words, awareness.

...watching General Conference

     The mission is kind of the funnest, most frustrating, exhausting thing that I've ever done.  It honestly doesn't make any sense to me, but I love it! I love that conference has such a huge emphasis on joy and love and faith and hope. Happy things!  Even Holland gave a happy talk, he usually planches everyone! But it's becuase this gospel is one of pure hope and love and all we need is faith, que facil!  I especially loved the talk about replacing fear with faith.  Fear is of the devil.  There is no point in being scared, ever...because if we're doing what we're suppossed to be doing, we know exactly where we're going to go.  Maybe if we're not doing what we're suppossed to be doing I would be a little scared, but just change what you're doing!  Hello, its so simple... Follow the Savior and bam, salvation! basically. 

     This week was actually super sad because we had several investigators commit to come to conference Sunday morning and the morning of we went to one's house and she was sick, and another one called us and said he had been fighting with his dad so he couldn't come, and another one just didn't show up.  It was sooo sad!  Especially when Elder Costa started talking directly to investigators. It was a perfect talk for Sammy, so we texted him that his homework was to watch it.  Aw man, conference was so tight! 


     Landen's joke was LAME and I showed my comp the pics and she just said "his hair"....yeah he needs to chop it off!  I was SOOO pumped to hear about Poky getting a temple, how nuts though! Go Idaho!  Haha all the missionaries here tease me about being from Idaho. "Are there even any people in Idaho?"  Even some of the Mexicans say "Idaho, isn't that where all the potatoes are?" yeah, thats us, muy ricos papas :) haha

     Keep on truckin' through school, less than a year right? Thats nothing!  I seriously don't understand where the time goes.

     LO MAS IMPORTANTE COSAS ESTE SEMANA...we had interviews with presidente this last week, and at the end I told him about how Landen is leaving May 3 and we're suppossed to skype on like the 10, so I asked him if I could skype a little early, and he said that'd be fine, just to let him know. So I was thinking maybe the Sunday before he leaves? I don't really know, but let me know what you think because its coming up super quick!

     That might be it for this week, maybe not, I don't really know,
byyye 
Con Amor,
 Hermana Bailey

P.S. We found this adorable puppy, and it accidentally folllowed us half way to the church. its not like we were calling it or picking it up or anything. ;)

Dad,
That's super exciting about Jill!  I love trips to Price.  Grandma said that was her first time up 9 mile canyon.  I don't understand how grandpa has so much energy, its not scientifically correct! 
Oh... Brick Oven - yummy! I'm turning into a little Mexican, because now everytime I eat pizza, I put hot sauce and ketchup on it.  Don't hate it until you try it or until your taste buds are more accustomed to food in Mexico.  I also ate cow feet tostadas yesterday, just about as gross as it sounds, but I could choke it down ok.  I'm still on a spiritual high right now from conference, it was just SOOOO powerful and full of hope! Love those guys!
sending love from méxico,
Maelynn

No comments:

Post a Comment