Monday, February 17, 2025

Wherein Lane Gets His 8th Companion!

February 17, 2025 

Yeappp... we had transfers this week!! Im staying here in Talavera, which is awesome because I love this area so much!! My old comp, Elder Franco left for Puno (the south cold part of the mission) which kinda sucks, and I am now comps with Elder Cubillas from Peru!

He is now my 8th comp, counting MTC, and I have officially had 7 different district leaders too!! Hehe, we'll see how next transfer works out!!

 We had Elder Tamnichi here until Thursday!! My comp left Wednesday at like 6 (we got transfer news Tuesday at 9:30) so we had like 12 hours to pack and say goodbye to everyone!! Not much work was done that day πŸ˜¬. Then we woke up at 3am to pick up pur new comps, and it was pouring rain, and I was in shorts and a t-shirt cuz im kinda πŸ« 

But besides transfers, this week was super good!! We found some good new people this week, but not really any that are progressing super fast, but that's OK, cuz we'll keep working with everyone!! Trying to get all of our converts re-activated!! Also all of the members as well!! The district presidency gave the goal to the branch members to have 90-120 asistencias (people attending) if they want their own chapel. (They already have the land for it)
So now the members I hope are gonna start working harder!! Woooo.

But yeah, not super much else happened this week, just getting settled with my new companion.


🌱🌊 Spiritual section:
This week was learning to be patient!! There are a few people I've recently been having to spend time with, that I don't really get along perfectly with, but when I just try and relax and not let everything get to me, things go a lot smoother!! I think that's important for life. When things happen that really don't matter that much, we shouldn't let them matter to us! Just calm down, relax, and let things happen how they are gonna happen!! Be open to change! 
This is definitely a lot easier said than done, and I find myself holding grudges, or being annoyed for no good reason, and it's definitely a process that we need to include our savior in. He's there to help us, and understands perfectly the feelings of our hearts!! He helps us to have compassion, love, and patience.
 
#thislittlelightofmine

Good week this week! Time is flying in Peru... but also not sometimes!! But we're one more transfer done!!

Until next Monday Fellas
 - Γ‰lder Bailey πŸ«‘ πŸ‡΅πŸ‡ͺ



No comments:

Post a Comment