Monday, April 22, 2024

Wherein Sadie Has Her Very Last Transfer!

 April 22, 2024

       Hola todos, this week turned down a road I wasn't expecting! We started out strong helping our friends Maria del Carmen and Lucas prepare for their baptismal interviews. They were rocking it. Then on Wednesday, we received noticia de cambios...and I found out I was leaving Chuy. que triste. Thursday I packed and we had the interviews for our friends...they bailed on us. so sad. But a miracle is that Gilberto, a recent convert, showed up again and we also had some great lessons with Marissa who will be baptized soon! We also had yummy acai while walking the muddy streets of chuí and our friend Sahara who got baptized wrote the cutest note about being a missionary one day and I left a nametag with my lil friend Denis who also wants to be baptized and be a missionary one day. I am so grateful for my short time in Chuy and the people i met there. Eu falo portugese haha. Then we went to Montevideo on Friday and had cambios. Every cambios we have had for the last 17 months, I have worn the same dress without fail. So, of course, I went in the dress, but in the bus, my water spilled on my seat and when I sat down it soaked into my dress, but it soaked in....brown because the seat was so filthy!! Me mato. So when we got to the bus terminal I switched dresses while I tried washing my other one but in the end I just ended up with a soaking wet still kinda stained dress. so i took the L and for the first time and for my last cambios in the mission, wore a different dress. Thanks for the dress, Hna Richards!

      So I am now in Rocha with Hna Rastoldo from Brazil! She's so great! We also had a meeting with elder Craig C Christensen after cambios which was awesome. His wife talked about joy and how joy is help from God which comes through the Holy Ghost. And he talked about what motivates us as missionaries. And President y Hna Orgill talked about being consagrados. Then we left for our area on a bus at 11pm and we had seats but the bus was full so thinking it wasn't far until the next stop when seats opened up, I offered my seat to a lady who was standing. I was wrong and ended up standing in the bus for a couple hours while everyone slept and man, that was a special experience. I don't regret it though, that lady needed to sit. Whenever you may be struggling, just serve somebody. It brings peace and joy!! and sometimes tired legs. The branch here in Rocha is small and the city is basically a ghost town, there's hardly anyone in the streets but we are going to have a transfer full of hard work and miracles. I'm in the same zone I started the mission in for my last transfer and I am gonna give it all I got. I don't want any regrets. If yall have any advice for the last transfer of the mission, let me know!

       This week has left me reflecting a lot on what it means to trust in and accept God's will and let go of unnecessary expectations jaja. Nothing went the way I wanted. I never ended up getting to train in the mission, I'm no longer STL, I left behind special connections in Chuy, didn't get to say bye to some converts and friends, and I never got to serve near Montevideo, but I know God has a plan. I am grateful for the places and things I have had the opportunity to do and I am excited to see what my time here in Rocha brings! It's pretty easy to trust in God when things are going how you'd like them to and have imagined but with patience and faith and humility I am starting to learn to trust in God's will SIEMPRE. Vamo Arriba!!

      Like the Bishop in Chuy always reminds us: True happiness is NOT found outside the gospel of Jesus Christ and also.....come what may and love it!

Yo se que vive mi Señor.

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Bailey ❤️

spider count: we live in a massive 4 bed 2 bath apartment on the 9th floor of a building and I'm hoping this means we won't have spiders...vamos a ver.

My people in chuy♡
Rocha y hna rastoldo ♡♡
The last night in chuy we were walking home and i had realized i wasnt able to say bye to our recent convert jose then suddenly he happened to pass by on his bike! God is so good.


No comments:

Post a Comment