Monday, April 29, 2024

Wherein Sadie Gave a Talk about Broken Hearts

 April 29, 2024

Hola hola!! This week was nice and cold and rainy!! Its Fall!! We had a fun adventure to Montevideo and stayed with the swans(  a couple serving here) we had some great charlas and found some great new people!! Seriously elegidos!  We've been working quite a bit with families which is such a cool thing! The charlas are awesome! We had 8 friends come to church on Sunday which was so special. We were showing up late because we had to go pick up some friends( yknow in our rav4 aka our 4 legs jaja) and I was so impatient I was just praying we'd get there by at least during the first song but then I just kept being nervous and impatient trying to get there instead of trusting that God would answer that prayer. We showed up to 4 friends awaiting us and the meeting was starting late so we made it in time! Then more friends came! God blew us away with miracles and I was humbled and reminded to trust more in Him! I gave a talk and yes I still just read it lol. I talked about sacrifices and that what He asks is that we offer Him a broken heart and a contrite spirit! I'd love to hear what you all think "a broken heart and contrite spirit" means. We are seeing the hand of the Lord here in Rocha!!


Please pray for las flia de Alexis y Nicole, Romina, Micaela, Rosario, y Belen y Maximiliano! 

"Now, some of you may be shy by nature or consider yourselves inadequate to respond affirmatively to a calling. Remember that this work is not yours and mine alone. It is the Lord’s work, and when we are on the Lord’s errand, we are entitled to the Lord’s help. Remember that whom the Lord calls, the Lord qualifies."  (President Monson)

If you are overwhelmed or stressed out by a calling or responsibility you have, just remember that it is just an opportunity to find joy in serving others and grow closer to your Savior Jesus Christ. It's an opportunity to work alongside Him for a while in the way He has called you. Show Him your love. No tenga estrés. 

Com muito amor,
Hermana Bailey ❤️

Spider count: the cockroaches have reached the stairway on the 8th floor but not the 9t

No comments:

Post a Comment