November 20, 2023
Happy Thanksgiving this week!!! 

Hope you all enjoy yummy food and time with loved ones and can focus on gratitude!! I am grateful for a lot of things, especially for the opportunity I've had to be a full-time missionary for the last year! Ya, that's right, even though the email says 51 weeks, a whole year ago today I was set apart as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I've had 4 areas, and 7 companions, I still can't really speak Spanish, I'm still trying to create a habit of good study, I've put holes in 3 pairs of insoles, had lots of sunburns, frozen my butt off, and eaten way too much pasta, but it has been a real privilege. God loves His children a whole lot. I hope I can continue becoming who God needs me to be these next 6 months and serve the people here with everything I've got. The mission isn't all sunshine and rainbows...at all. But it sure is worth it I think.
Some things we did this week:
Monday: pday in Florida
Tuesday: multizone conference & exchanges
Wednesday: return from FL& district council
Thursday: wedding for Claudia
Friday: work work work
Saturday: baptism of Claudia
Sunday: spoke in church and lead the choir
We put Santiago and Cristian on date! Please pray for them!
I love this from the talk Sir, we would like to see Jesus by Robert M Daines
"Whoever you are, whatever your past, there is room for you in this Church. Grab a pick and shovel and join the team. Help carry His love to His children, and some of it will splash on you. Let us seek His loving face, His covenant embrace, and then join arm in arm with His children"
I love the phrase His covenant embrace. It is through these covenants that we feel the love of our Heavenly Father. God's love splashes a ton on missionaries trying to carry His love to others. Join the team!
Thank you all for the support and for learning too much about me through my emails. I'd love to hear from you all and see what you're grateful for this week!
Love y'all un monton!
Hermana Bailey
Spider count: been finding lots of new spider webs throughout the house. God is blinding me from the spiders thank goodness. I am being eaten by mosquitoes
Photos:
Wedding, baptism, sunburn, dog, my Brazilian companion, comfy sleeping arrangement, Intercambio with hna Heyborne, 2 of my old comps, and random!
No comments:
Post a Comment