February 14, 2023
Hey everybody! How's it going? Hope all is well. Happy Valentines Day!
I didnt get this sent out yesterday cuz it was kinda a chaotic pday! We missed like 2 busses and almost missed a third but all is well just had the sweatiest bus ride of my life once we caught it after running so fast for it. We got transfer news this morning and...shocker. nothing is happening here. yay for 6 more weeks! But really i am looking forward to the good things to come in these next 6 weeks. Pan de Azúcar has a lot of potential! And La capuera and Km 110 (our other areas) sad to see some of our zone go though.
This week was good.I don't really remember what happened exactly so heres a bunch of randomness!! You know me, as concise as they come!! Maybe get a snack and enjoy story time...
One day we were teaching this guy, our amigo in the hospital, and he started telling me how sometimes his friends ask him why he believes in God and they ask him, have you ever seen God? And He said, Yes!! and I was like um what? and he was like I see him in the sunset and I see him when people smile at me and I see Him when I see myself in the mirror and when.... and I was like EXACTOOOOOO!! Man this guy is literally dying of diabetes in the hospital and he smokes soooo much during our lessons its hard to breathe but I love him and his simple testimony.
Another day I was planning the day when I decided to add this person as one of our contacts to stop by. It's a house that we always walk by and have never actually stopped to talk to them because...well because we judged them. They are sketchy and we had heard from the neighbors too that they are dangerous and not nice and actually just got out of jail. But i said full send and good thing cuz now we are teaching 2 more people. i think. The people that are a little sketchy were not home at the time and we taught 2 of the other people that live there. It was a good lesson except for the fact that they are not patient in my spanish lol they had zero interest in listening to me and made my companion repeat everything i said even if i said it right, lol. But heres your sign to stop judging and share the gospel.
We taught our old lady friend Ana a few times again this week and I LOVE HER. She cant hear to save her life and she can never hear my companion so basically its just me yelling at her in the most simple sentences i can because i dont know very much spanish and then she yells back that she doesnt know what i said and then i yell back the same thing louder and then she agrees with me and says alli esta(i think its a saying that basically means exactly but also idk) and then i ask her to go to church and she says no and i say please and she says no and i explain the importance of why and she agrees with me and then i ask her again and she says no and i ask why not and she gives me a problem and i give her a solution to the problem and ask her again and she gives me another problem and i give her a solution and i ask her again until she has no reason to not go but then she still says no not this week so then i yell back that i am really sad that she isnt gonna go becuase i can see the blessings she will receive and then she yells back oh yes and agrees with me and then says no she wont go so then i leave and tell her nos vemos a la capilla and she shakes her head. And then she doesn't come to church and I cry...jk. but one day. She's coming to church. I know it. And she's gonna be baptized-whether it be now or in 10 yrs or if one day my child has her name in the temple i dont care. one day she will be baptized. And she will accept the gospel. I know it. She has a strong love for God and the Lord she just needs to want to go to church.(Haha in short: we yell back and forth about going to church and it never works)
We had intercambios on Thursday and Hna Vincent and I taught this high guy and I honestly have never taught somebody so attentive. Then we were walking to our next appointment and this guy on the street started talking to us and when we started trying to share about the gospel he was like oh no i'm not interested i have my religion and its different than yall. And so we were like oh, que bueno! What religion? And he was like I'm a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. and we were like ummm....same. He thought we were testigos de jehovah. haha, then we went to find this contact and we didn't know which house she was so we knocked on this door close to ask if they knew her or if it was her and suddenly this person popped their head out the window of the bathroom and was like im just using the bathroom can yall wait a second and ill be out to talk. So ya then we sat and listened to them. it was a 2 flusher ... and we waited a while. But...worth it. Because we met this girl...not the one we were looking for, but she listened to us and we talked about God's love for her and she told us to come back so ya do whatever it takes even if you gotta awkwardly wait for someone to use the bathroom basically right in front of you.
Also the last few days here have been the hottest they said they've had in years. It was like 103 yesterday and then with humidity... We are living in a sauna. Honestly I was hot but I actually didn't feel that bad. It was kinda nice. Just sweaty. They told us if it doesnt start raining more soon then theyll start cutting the water so thats cool and we're supposed to go buy emergency water jugs.
None of our amigos or the menos activos that we are working with came to church on sunday so that was awesome.
This week we were finally able to have a lesson with our amigo luciano. When we showed up and white washed this area, he was on date for baptism, but we could never have a lesson with him or talk with him because his mom just kept cancelling, but finally this week we just showed up one day and braved the scary dogs out front and talked with her and we gained her confidence and now Luciano is back on date. This kid is so awesome and wants to serve a mission one day.
We had interviews with President on Friday and I am so grateful for him. He is definitely called of God and is working with the Lord to lead this mission. I have a lot of respect for him and his wife and their family and all they are doing right now.
Something I have really been working on recently is truly turning myself over to the Lord. Trying to become like Him as best as I can and I need Him to help me do that. It is hard to be humble though sometimes. I realized maybe before i was trying to become more Christlike but with only my own efforts...haha its impossible. We need Christ! I have this fear that if i truly turn myself over to him then im gonna "come out the other side" with no personality and be totally different. But thats not how it works haha!! Its a process of learning and improving and we can and should and will have a personality while working to become better with the Lord.
And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them” (Ether 12:27).
why wouldn't we want to turn our weaknesses over to the Lord and have them become strengths? How cool that He can help us do that!
Anyways thanks for the prayers and I love hearing how yall are doing. They made us unfollow everyone on facebook though haha.
I love you all so much!! And miss you all! I hope you have a happy valentines day (especially you dad i know you love it lol)
Keep on keepin on
Hermana Bailey
Spider count: i havent been counting oops! but a few. I was really brave and killed one the other day during exchanges. If i can find the video ill add it to my google album this week.
Pictures:
-Lesson we had with members
-Oh our friend Ana Perez showed us how to make milanessa!!!!!
-Icecream: nuff said
-Exchanges with my favorite hna vincent!
-With comp and my dope sombrero that has helped me not get fried again
-Last pday in maldonado we stopped at this church in the city it was pretty cool!
-Relief society attendance was through the roof haha. Nobody came to church cuz it was so hot and nobody could sleep well saturday night cuz of the heat. Personally a terrible excuse i think like ok so youre tired but like is that more important than your salvation? Lol jk.
No comments:
Post a Comment