{Faith hope charity and love week 24/12 in Pedregal}...
So for all y'all who were wondering... yes, I'm still in the same area that I started my mission in (Pedregal). And yes, I still love it here. But on monday I get sent outa here to a small town called Tizimin. A little bittersweet because now I know like this entire area, all the members, all the investigators, I have a few really close to baptism and a ton of memories in this place. But at the same time I'm am super ready to head on to some other adventures in my life and find something new. My new companion is Elder Zuñiga. I haven't met him yet but I'm pretty certain he's awesome. That's about as exciting as it gets.
This week we worked really hard with a young couple Franklin and Leti. We got them so close to getting married and baptized. but then they didn't. They also bought me a birthday cake and so that was awesome.
Pretty much I had the best birthday here. We got like 4 pizzas and 11 liters of soda for dinner, then I had cake from Franklin, made some tacos at the Moo's taco stand, and then some more cake from Elder Romney. Really just the best.
Pretty much I had the best birthday here. We got like 4 pizzas and 11 liters of soda for dinner, then I had cake from Franklin, made some tacos at the Moo's taco stand, and then some more cake from Elder Romney. Really just the best.
On a different topic, my watch died a couple of days ago and had to wait until today to go and get it fixed. Kinda a strange situation, but I learned a lot. While being a missionary, everything you do is supposed to be punctual.
Without having the time sitting on my wrist, I had to become a lot more reliant on my companion. I also was able to enjoy the world a little bit more, because being punctual was no longer a concern of mine. I just let my comp take that responsibility and walked around, enjoying the beauty of Cancun. I'd encourage you all to spend a little time this week, not worrying about anything, turning off your phone or watch or whatever normally takes your attention, and simply enjoy this world.
...and that's it folks. I'll talk to you all next week,
Love,
Elder Bailey

No comments:
Post a Comment