Yeah, the scabies are basically gone. I'm not contagious anymore at least, so I can go out and work. Sounds like life continues to be very good back home, here everything is great as well.
This week we were able to take one of our investigators on a tour of the chapel with her member friends to help make her feel more comfortable when she comes to church, then on Sunday she was actually able to make it to church!
We did it following a little advice that our president gave us in the last zone conference that we had. He told us that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing multiple times expecting a different result. For the majority of my mission it has seemed to be a struggle to get investigators to come to church, especially in this area. So me and my comp decided, instead of just committing the investigators to come and reminding them by phone, (which hadn't been working), what if we try something new and bring them with a member to the church for a lesson? Then we can show them the whole chapel and teach them about the sacrament in the sacramental room (I don't actually know what the proper way to say "salon Sacramental" is in English. Awkward...) and so we decided, well, the old idea hasn't been working, so it would be insanity according to president to just keep trying it, so we tried something new! And it actually worked! She came to church, met all of the members and had a really good time! This was Tania btw, I think I told y'all about her last week too. She's pretty cool.
In other news, I'll never actually get to teach Tania , or any of the other investigators that we have here ever again, because we got transfer calls yesterday and they are sending me to to opposite end of the island to a pueblo called Caguas. My new companion is Elder Wasson. He used to be my district leader, and I am super excited to work with him. I've heard a lot of good things about him and the ward, although aparentamente la obra alli a estado un poco bajo recientemente, no se mucho pero les cuento la semana q viene!
That's basically it, Love you guys all super much!
Elder Bailey
No comments:
Post a Comment