Monday, July 2, 2018

Wherein Landen Teaches a Felon!

July 2, 2018

      That's super cool about Gayle and Craig though, and that does sound super intense. Mission presidents' MTC experiences are crazy. We don't really see our Mission president and wife all that often, only ever about once a transfer (for zone conferences and interviews).  But they're super cool.  I guess Gayle knows Hna. Smart too somehow - bought a guitar from her or something after the hurricane hit that I didn't know about. But yeah, at least where I'm at on the island, we are kinda banished from everything else and we hardly ever see anyone else. But we get to know our members super well, so that's cool! 

     As far as things going on here, some of the cool unbaptized people we teach (that's too long, they're just investigators) are doing well. Daniel Is a very receptive old man that lives alone on his little farm, he has 4 dogs and 2 horses and we have been teaching him for a couple of weeks. he is driving us crazy cause he wants to get baptized, but he wont come to church and we have to be very strong with him to even get him to pray or read, so he{s a work in progress, but he{s softening up little by little. Charlie is another cool investigator, he is the son of a member, he is very receptive also really wants to get baptized, but is tied to his house by and ankle tracker that the government has him on. yes, i think hes a felon, we don't know what he did, he says he didn't do anything which is why he only has the tracker and hes not in jail but yeah, the tracker was suppose to come of like right after the hurricane hit, but because of the hurricane, the government lost a bunch of electronic records or couldn't reach them for a long time, so he has been on the tracker for a lot longer than he should have been apparently and long story short, it should come of soon. He is a very repentant investigator which is the coolest part, very humble and very willing to change and improve. 

     I hope you guys have a great time at the Bailey family reunion and I hope you received all of my pictures too! I uploaded a couple (a ton). 






Congrats to Maelynn on completing her Mission! She looks actually kinda sad getting released. I imagine I will be too, but still, all good things must have an end for the better ones to start. She's going to love it at BYU. You're going to have to tell her all this stuff for me because she didn't write me. 

Also Javier seems super cool - Dile que aunque no lo conoxco, todavia lo quiero como mi hermano!, y despues chocale con cinco para mi! 

Tell the Fam Hi from me and That I love them all!!!!!}


Love, Elder Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment