Wow, that's super great! Sounds like you are all busy with work and fun! I remember doing that same mud run YEARS ago, like literally 10 years ago when I was in 4th grade - long time ago. But I remember it being super fun, but very difficult as well. Also super proud of Emerson for doing so well in swimming. Is he in a league or something, doing competitions and races and what not?? Palisades is dope. I almost went into shock when I last swam there too. Maelynnn can tell you that story, she was there!
This week was a little crazy here. It started out pretty normal. We got some work done, people canceled appointments, we taught some people, and we even Invited Luis and Aida to baptism this week. They didn't say a straight yes, but they have been thinking about it for a while now and want to do it when they feel ready! Then on Thusday, we have Zone conferences. Those were very inspiring as always. But right at the end of the Conference, my companion went to the bathroom to throw up, because he had been feeling bad the whole conference. He got some out, but then was just feeling nasty. Needless to say, we didn't get to go work the rest of that day, or the next day at all either. He was literally between the bed and the bathroom for the whole day. And I cleaned the whole house and studied the Book of Mormon and Preach My Gospel. It was very cool and edifying. I learned a ton. But we didn't get to get any work done. Then on Saturday, he was still sick, but we needed to get out and do some visits. So I dropped him off with Arlys´s little brother for the day, and went out to work with her dad. It was cool. We had some good lessons that day. One of them was in English with an investigator who for most of his life has been accustomed to swearing. So every time he swore in the lesson, Hno Arocho (not knowing perfect English, but knowing enough to understand the swear words) started to laugh like a kid every time he said a swear word. It was kinda silly. Hno walked out of that lesson super happy though, so that's good. And now I know how to make the members here happy, just swear at them in English I guess....jk, NOT going to do that!
Then Sunday came around and my comp was getting better , but still to weak to walk anywhere, so we could only do a few quick visits close by. and basically that was our week.
one of the families that came to church this week tho is this super cool less active family that we've been by to share a couple of messages with. This family had been less active for 2 years straight and every time their home teachers and visiting teachers visited them they would always say "We'll be there on Sunday." For 2 years. Every week. But they never would actually come. So me and my companion went by one day, very much led by the Spirit, but even so - we were still nervous, and as we were talking, we called them to repentance. It was one of the few times in my mission where I've actually had to (and had the opportunity to) tell someone to repent. And they still didn't come to church. Then the next week we went by with the bishop and told them basically the same thing, but added in to it that they were losing the blessings of the temple (they still haven´t gotten sealed) by not coming to church, and the bishop helped them to set a goal to go to the temple and we shared about how that first simple sacrifice is coming to Church. And you know who pulled into the chapel that Sunday? ... The Nuñez family in their big red van! It was super cool to see them there! They have come for two Sundays back to back now.
That's basically my week. I'm kinda rushed with things this morning cause we have to drive Elder Meldrum (my roommate from BYU that got his call here too) all the way to San Juan today for a doctors appointment. It's like 2 hours one way. So that will be my whole day.
But Love you all lots!! Have fun at girls camp and other cool things!
Elder Bailey
No comments:
Post a Comment