Monday, January 19, 2026

Wherein Lane Becomes a "Father"...

 Jan 19, 2026


I did tell my mom that I would try to write an email. So here's my attempt.


Basically, everything is going good here. The work has gotten a bit slower here which is kind of annoying, and I just really don't know what to change and I feel like I'm working good but just we arent seeing a lot of results.

Also, if y'all remember I got put as a trainer of a new guy! Basically, my only wish is that I could train a Latino. And my dreams came true.
My new companion's name is Elder Yarlaqué! He is basically super awesome and like all around the best.
He is from Chiclayo Perú, and we're already good buds. I'd say he's like a Peruvian version of me. Or rather, I'm the American version of him, because he's 5 years older than me. He's basically my older brother (even older than Seth), but I still get to claim that I am his father! Anyway, we get along, and well also I have realized that I have zero experience training. I hope I'll figure it out and be able to help him learn and be a good missionary and everything. So prayers for me and him.

🌱🌊 Spiritual section:
 Just have been working on trusting in the Lord. Really I am doing great here, and am super excited to be with this comp. But I (and all of us) just need to remember that this is the Lord's work. I have gotten comfortable just working all day long, but really it's not just about working working working, sino really trusting in the Lord and doing it for Him. I know that we can rely on Him in everything. Like training, or perserveering, or even with the draining heat of the sun. I honestly didnt even want to train, or stay here in the heat any longer, but I know it is the Lord's way of stretching me and helping me grow and be the best version of myself. Just trying to always keep Trusting in the Lord.

#sweetisthework

Good week this week! Super excited to tell yall next week how my first full week witj Elder Yarlaqué goes!! I know it will be good and we will see miracles.
Reach out if you get the chance.

Until some future date
 - Élder Bailey 🫡 🇵🇪

No comments:

Post a Comment