December 4, 2023
The other day a big storm came in. We got drenched. There was loud thunder. But we went out and we saw miracles. We found a family. The power went out. I couldn't sleep half the night cuz it was so hot. I prayed really hard. The power came on, I turned the AC on, and I went to back to bed knowing God really was there.
And that's what everyone talked about in the testimony meeting yesterday, that there is a lot of power in prayer.
And it's so true.
God wants to hear from us. He wants to help us.
And there was once a young boy who prayed, and it changed the world.
I'm so grateful to have the gospel of Jesus Christ on the earth today. I'm grateful that Joseph Smith decided to reach out to God and I'm so grateful that God knows, hears, and answers every single one of us. He's got some great ears, a lot of patience, and a whole lot more love than we can comprehend.
Espero que todos esten bien!!

I invite you all to read a chapter of Luke every day until Christmas. Even if you start today!
And this video is great...
The Reason Behind Christmas
Sometimes we ask people the question "If God was here next to us right now, what would you ask Him?" And then we talk about how we can ask Him in prayer about whatever question we have.
And sometimes members answer, will I be saved? And sometimes we get thinking that way sometimes, doubting if we're really doing enough. I read a scripture this week that answered it. There's lots but this one hit me. if we're doing what He's asked, we can trust that we will be. The Lord fulfills. But if we're sitting worried about it while we're already not doing something we should, then ya we should be worried because He sure can't save us if we're not doing what He's commanded us.
3Nephi12:20 Therefore come unto me and be ye saved; for verily I say unto you, that except ye shall keep my commandments, which I have commanded you at this time, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Are you doing everything the Lords asked you to? If not just start to right now on the count of 3. And every day as you realize you've maybe messed up, kneel down and repent and get up and try again the next day. Don't give up, because your eternal happiness is on the line. It's not just about completing the bare minimum either but giving Him our best effort. That's what daily repentance is all about. Not just for when we make big mistakes but becoming a little bit better every day.
Mostly just a reminder for myself : )
Sending lots of love from Uruguay,
Hermana Bailey

Spider count: you wouldn't believe how brave I was and how much I prayed because of the big spiders that came in when it rained. A lil tricky and spooky with the power out, but I got em fast
Photos: blitz with Hna de la Cruz, zone conference, I made pan de queso, turtle, right before the storm, and random!
No comments:
Post a Comment