Monday, April 3, 2023

Wherein Sadie gets transferred to Treinta y Tres!

 April 4, 2023

   Hey yall! Well, this week was crazy but so fun but before I start... my nephew turned 2 this week!! Lil Leo is so big!! One of the great things about having a big family/with lots of siblings is that it's just even more days to call home because there are more birthdays!

Anyways, Tuesday we had a zone conference in Maldonado and then received transfer news Tuesday afternoon. I honestly thought I'd be in Pan de Azúcar for 6 months but we found out my companion and I would be leaving, so we hurried and packed everything up and tried to say bye to some people and early Monday morning we left for Montevideo! 
How we do cambios here: if you are transferring or your companion is, you meet up in Montevideo and then we have a meeting and the president calls your name, your new companion's name, and where you're going! Kinda exciting! A lot of stress in the room with nobody knowing with who and sometimes not where, you're gonna be living for at least 6 wks!

Well, I am now living in Treinta y Tres and my companion is Hermana Heyborne! She is so awesome! And her name is Sadie too so that's fun! This transfer is a lot different than my others; I am out of training, my companion speaks English, we have a ward instead of a branch, our leaders are super involved in the work, our house is super duper cheto (cool/nice) and we are super close to other missionaries!! I loved pan de azúcar and I am grateful for my time there and everything I learned there from the people and from my companion, but I am so so happy to be here! It feels almost like Idaho to me...kinda! Also we are closer to the border of Brazil so things are a little cheaper and they are really cheap in the area of the other district in our zone. Also my mom made a cool little connection today...when Christ died he was 33 years old, how cool to move to 33 just in time to celebrate Him! 

Just a cool experience for me: On the way to Montevideo, I got super carsick which is not normal for me. I barely made it without throwing up and then felt pretty sick the whole time at cambios. then I found out that the bus ride to my new area was like 4-5 hours and they close a door in the front so you can't see out the front. I got so nervous so I asked for a blessing. Some elders quickly helped and they gave me a blessing. The elder didn't really mention anything about being sick but gave a really powerful blessing about more things like having the mental and emotional strength to do what the Lord needs me to and that was really cool to me because it was things that had been on my mind, but not what i had asked for the blessing for. I felt better after the blessing and was very blessed with good health on the way here and did not feel sick! The blessing was very powerful and I am so grateful for Priesthood power.

Also how amazing was conference?!?! This conference was a bit different for me cuz we were not allowed to watch it unless we had an investigator with us, but the Lord always helps provide a way and for some sessions we had a friend and when we didn't for one sesión we did what we were supposed to and just went out to work and we found someone as soon as we left that wanted to talk to us! And after that got a call from the ward mission leader that he had found a friend to watch Conference with so we were able to watch the last part of the sesión! Our mission leader is the goat! For real though. He is so cute he literally dressed up all nice and was waiting at the bus stop for when I arrived here. Then when he found out it was the wrong time and we were already at the house, he came over just to meet me that night and the next morning he showed up in the pouring rain to bring us empanadas! He never got the opportunity to serve a mission when he was younger and he is so eager to work with us!!

Something different here is also that they use vos! So that's gonna fun to learn!😅

Pray for me to stop being scared of the dark please cuz now it gets dark early and we still have to be out until 9 and there's not a lot of luz haha also my fear of dogs is coming back a lil. But just need to remember D&C 6:36!!

Anyways, I would love to know, what was your favorite thing from conference? I am looking forward to reviewing them and reading the ones we missed! 

I hope you can all remember Christ extra this week! Study about Him. Think of Him. Live like Him. 

Love you all muchísimo!

Hermana Bailey

Spider count: no se 

Pictures: Sadie squared, dog, conference, pday milkshake

No comments:

Post a Comment