September 14, 2020
Hey Mom!!!
So this week was awesome. We got transfer news yesterday so that was exciting. Not a whole ton is changing but just enough to spice life up a little. I'm staying in the same area and my comp is leaving.
Also, fun miracle story for this week. We went to this family's house on Thursday to help them with a little service project and we picked weeds for like an hour then helped tear out the ceiling of a trailer home, but afterward they invited us to try a Cuban meal that they had prepared. (sidenote: they're from Cuba) and so we went and ate and it was delicious and one thing led to another and we ended up teaching this old couple about how the church of Jesus Christ has been restored to the earth and we had a wonderful discussion.
But that's kinda just the story side, my thought for the week comes from a little fact about this old Cuban couple. While we were talking they mentioned that they got divorced thirty years ago but they still live together. Weird, huh? So what happened is that like ten years ago they both moved up here to NM to live closer to their son. (they live like next door, BTW)...
What I thought was cool is that their family was important enough to them that they could put all differences aside, forgive and move on. I don't know what their story is or why they got divorced but a divorce is something very hard. So the fact that they could move on from that and make amends with one another and live with respect and appreciation in their home is really incredible. All to be closer to their family - to the basic unit of society that ties everyone together.
I think that this entire world is losing sight of the true importance of the family. The mere power that family has is incredible. Broken bridges are mended, true love is nurished, and real joy is found. I love my family so much and am super glad to be sealed to them for an eternity.
Anyway, I love you all so much and hope you know how important you are to me.
Love,
Elder Bailey


No comments:
Post a Comment