Things have been super great down here in salinas. I am finally starting to feel like my Spanish is coming back more naturally like it was before. We had a cool week though. We found a lot of cool people with some really great potential. There were also some interesting activities.......
First, we felt an earthquake...it wasn't super strong, just a 4.7. It's epicenter was a little ways into the ocean, like right off of our pueblito here in Salinas. We were planning when it hit and we both had no idea what was going on at first. When I realized it was an earthquake, I started to think, maybe I should get under my desk or something.....but I think I must have just gotten a little lazy or something cause I didn't and it just finished like 15 seconds later, so it was all okay. So far as I know, nothing was broken, but many of the locals here are blowing it out of proportions and freaking out about it.
Then that same day I had my first district meeting. It went alright. We had interviews with president afterward, so for the first time in the last 5 months I finally got to see my mission president, that was fun!!
We taught a lot as the week went on and had some really good lessons. We are working specifically with an older lady named Gloria who is awesome. She is progressing towards a baptismal date that she choose herself in May. It is a lot farther out than most people when they chose a dare, but its what she feels she needs to do. So we are helping her work hard until then to ensure that she is the most ready she can possibly be.
Then today we had a super fun Zone activity. The Zone here is all super young, I don't know hardly any of them.... but we had a barbeque and a fun game of kickball. (My team slaughtered btw, 24-5). It was probably my last zone activity, and it was an absolute partay. Wayyy fun. I have some pics imma try and send.
Otherwise everything here is cool. I love you all Lotttts!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment