Monday, September 3, 2018

Wherein Landen Listens to a Prophet's Voice and Finds an Old Friend!

   September 3, 2018

    That's awesome to hear about BYU, they need a good season. (And hopefully a good win against Utah, the rivalry is starting to become a joke cause we just haven't won it in forever!)

    Speaking of Seth - what are his plans for the mission? Is he planning on going right out of High school? Or waiting a while? Has he been applying for schools? Or thinking about this stuff at all? 

    This week was super cool here. As we all know, the prophet of the church came to the Caribbean.  Apparently he was awoken at 2 in the morning last Wednesday by the Spirit telling him that he needed to go to the Caribbean.     So that was way cool. He shared a really cool missionary devotion with us that we watched by satellite on Saturday with all of the missionaries of the Caribbean. 

    Then we all gathered together as a whole Island on Sunday to see him live in the Colieo de Puerto Rico. A lot of people came and I got to see a lot of good friends from old wards and past companions and what not.  Way cool experience. 

     Definitely the best part was when the missionaries from Aguadilla (the area that I started my mission in) showed up with their investigator all the way in San Juan. I recognized the investigator almost right away as John, a 15 year old kid that me and my trainer had knocked his door over a year ago in Aguadilla. He was the first person that I ever invited to be baptized in my entire mission and my entire life!  After the hurricane hit I tried to get the elders to look him up again but turned out that he had left to the states after the storm. Well, I guess he came back though for summer vacation or something and got in contact with the missionaries and is now going to finally get baptized on September 15th!  I got to talk with him and catch up with him. He recognized me too and we hugged and had a happy little reunion.  He was super excited to get baptized and happy in all ways.  It brought me a lot of joy to see that. I never actually baptized anybody in Aguadilla when I was there, so it made me really glad to see that all of those doors that we knocked on weren't in vain. Yeah for John!

    Then of course the Devotional was cool as well. We had one investigator come with us, named Jose. We just found him this week, but he really wanted to go see the prophet, so we made it happen! He seems really golden, so we'll see how it goes with him!

That's it really for this week, I hope everyone is happy and healthy, and doing well in school.  Send my love to all that ask!

Love you guys!

Elder Bailey

**Link to the news story and video of President Nelson's visit to Puerto Rico**




Crowds gathering to hear the Prophet!

Look How Happy he is to hear the Prophet speak! 

No comments:

Post a Comment