Monday, March 20, 2017

Wherein Maelynn Hikes Tepotzteco!

March 20, 2017

     This week pretty solid, pretty good, nothing super duper exciting, We've got some really solid investigators, and we have a lot of faith for their progression! Our family that we're still working with a lot to get divorced and then married: we actually went to a place called Yautepec last week to investigate because Tepoztlan is super touristy so it is also super expensive to get married here, and super complicated to get divorced, but we're gonna get things figured out!

     Oh it was our turn to give talks on Sunday, so I gave my first sacrament talk in Spanish - what what!?   I talked about faith and it was pretty short, and I read most of it, and I cried, and I wasn't close enough to the mic so nobody could really hear me. I was just up there crying to myself, but I think it went well. LOL

      I made it through my first transfer in the field! I'm half-way through my training and I still feel like I don't really know basically anything!  But my companion tells me that she has seen a big improvement in my Spanish and in how much I contribute to the lessons. so I guess it's just hard to see improvement in yourself. 

     We had interina last week, (which is a training with the presidente half way through my training) so I got to see Hermana Torgersen again! It was super fun to see her and to see that she is doing well!  We're getting a new zone and district leader today and 2 of my favorite hermanas got transfered, its actually really sad because they're both from Mexico so who knows if I'll see them again? 

     I'm so happy for Seth, those (patriarchal) blessings are a special kind of powerful! Sad to hear about the McMasters leaving.

     We had a whopping 11 people in our English class.  Among other missionaries that used to try doing an English class, the record attendance was 7, so we're kind of kicking butt! But its actually been really good for us! We got 5 new investigators in one English class...and we've got some really stellar investigators! 

     Hiking Tepozteco along with everyone else in Mexico, because Mexicans love to celebrate everything! Nobody has school or works today because it's the equinox or the first day of Spring or something like that, so everyone climbs to the pyramid! 


This is a picture from today, we only hiked up to Tepozteco again because Sammy invited us to. (Because it's actually a really exhausting hike, like 45 minutes of straight stairs). 

     This is Sammy. He's 19, and he's been listening to the missionaries for almost 3 years, but he had only been to church like 2 or 3 times before and he's started coming again with us!  We've been really focusing on the Book of Mormon and baptism with him.  We see so much potential in him!  He says he just wants to have faith like us, but we keep telling him that he already has faith, and that baptism is an act of faith and that he'll keep learning everyday, and that we definitely don't know everything! Today we sat him down and said "Hey, you're coming to church, you're reading the Book of Mormon, you're praying, so lets set a goal of April 15th for your baptism, what do you think?"  He accepted that goal! He had lots of questions after church and we had him read the intro to the Libro de Mormon and he said it answered so many questions and he said he is going to read the whole Book of Mormon in like 4 days!  We didn't tell him to do that, he just said he needs to have more faith so he made the goal for himself.  He's really super awesome and it's neat to see him progress!

     This was our little sleep over group we had every Monday night, we would get tacos or tortas al pastor and have a fiesta after district meeting. But sadly today there are changes and 2 of them got transferred :( good memories though!


Amor,
Hermana Bailey

P.S. This is the correct address for the mission office. (I still haven't recieved that package.) :(

C. Francisco Leyva #109
Col. Miguel Hidalgo
Cuernavaca, Morelos México
C.P. 62040

No comments:

Post a Comment