(Jan 13th, 2017)
“I feel like a lot happened this past week. For starters,
last P day was really difficult for my companion and I had a rough day last
Saturday, so our district leaders offered to give us both blessings which we
took them up on. Both of our blessings
said stuff that were answers to our prayers and it was a really neat
experience. Since then, all has been
well. You should send more pictures for me to looks at. Also, my debit card
hasn’t been working at all, so I can’t get any money at the atm and it is declined
at the tienda, so I have just been living off of the $30 of cash I brought with
me, but they give us $5 a week too, so I’ve been ok until now.
I can’t believe you have had two snow days - that is so
crazy to think about because it’s so sunny down here. Actually, its really cold
here in the mornings and I am super glad that I brought my coat. Some mornings
it feels like it has to be about 40 degrees. Spanish is getting better but it
is really frustrating some days. Lessons are hard because you’re supposed to
focus on your investigator and ask questions but it is really hard to respond
when you cant understand what they say and don’t know how to respond. Yesterday
we did our first TRC which was kind of
terrifying, but it was with members so it wasn’t too bad (TRC – teaching real
people, we start with members that volunteer and eventually actual
investigators, but we started teaching our teachers as investigators since day
2).
Last week we did a service project in the kitchen. They have
that Tajin stuff here that you always put on your cucumbers and they put it all
over their fruit. Also, can you send me
Landen’s address at BYU so I can send him a letter?
I will try to load some pictures of me and my companion. A
few funny things that have happened, Hermana Torgersen and I just found out
that we have been “washing” our clothes with laundry softener for the last 2
weeks! Also, our district is so rowdy that we’ve been assigned babysitters.
Basically we have extra teachers come into our class and sit in the back and
follow us around or just check up on us. It’s a little ridiculous really! Also,
one of the Elders here ripped a button off his suit jacket and said “Mama
Bailey can you fix it?” Haha, so I did. And then just yesterday another Elder
asked me to fix something on his tie. I DON’T EVEN KNOW HOW TO SEW but I guess
because I am a girl I should be able to fix stuff…I was able to manage with a
needle and thread alright.
If the bishop asks what scripture I want on my plaque, I
want 2 Nefi 4:34, just the part that says “Oh Lord, I have trusted in Thee and
I will trust in Thee forever”.
Sometimes the ice cream here is good, but we only get it
like once a week. And the food here sometimes looks like the soup that Nacho
Libre made that gave all the priests diarrheas, so me and my comp are surviving
off of salad, fruit, and frosted flakes…of, and pizza on Tuesdays and lots of
chips and candy from the tienda. Surprisingly I haven’t gained any weight yet.
We’re supposed to get to go to the temple two times while we’re here, but we
haven’t gone yet. It’s actually closed for a couple weeks so I don’t know when
we’ll get to go but I can feel the absence of the temple and I don’t like it at
all. My comp loved going to the temple a lot too. She was actually an ordinance
worker once a week in the St George temple so we both complain that we won’t
get to go at all in Cuernavaca.
Also, if you ever just feel REALLY REALLY generous and want
to send me some extra love, there’s a program called missionary package MX or
something like that (http://www.missionarypackagemx.com/)
where you can order stuff from Costco and they’ll package it up here and send
it to me. One of the elders in our district got Dr Pepper yesterday and
everyone FREAKED out, they don’t have any caffeine here. You can also send
boxes of Krispy Creams, just sayin’…and diet coke.Love you, Maelynn”
Here is the address for her actual mission (where she will
receive letters and packages for the rest of her mission, starting after Feb 6th):
Sister Maelynn Joy Bailey
Mision Mexico Cuernavaca
Avenida Francisco Leyva #109
Colonia Miguel Hidalgo
Cuernavaca 62040 Morelos
Mexico
| In Front of the CCM |
| A Little Sun! |
| Serving in the Kitchen |
No comments:
Post a Comment